As a Department, we provide pupils with valuable and hopefully enjoyable experiences in a range of activities. We aim to:
- Offer learning experiences designed to give each pupil the opportunity to develop a positive awareness of their body, and be better informed of its function, ability and potential in Physical Education and everyday life.
- Encourage pupils to foster a positive attitude to physical fitness and health that will continue post 16 years of age.
- Provide challenging situations and environments that improve specifically identified skills and techniques.
- Contribute to a pupil’s social development through cooperation, teamwork, leadership and competition.
- Enable pupils to work independently and as part of a team, so as to contribute to the development of core skills such as communication and teamwork.
- Encourage each pupil to achieve success, have enjoyment and reach their full potential.
In addition to timetabled sport within class time, a wide range of activities take place after school and at weekends, including regular scheduled matches in a variety of sports. All pupils are encouraged to participate in these activities.
Details of P.E. and Games clothing can be found at http://www.rugbyplus.com and ordered directly from the company. An order form can be downloaded here. Please consult the Boarding School Arrangements document for a summary of items which need to be supplied by parents.